Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold can be very damaging to your home and possibly your health. We're here to help you get rid of the mold! Here are some tips you should know:
-Before mold remediation can happen, we'll want to ensure that the problem causing the mold has been rectified. This way, after our work is complete, we know the mold won't come back.
-If there is more than 10 SQ FT of mold, due to a New York State law, we'll need to have an industrial hygienist complete mold testing. The testing results will let us know what rooms/surfaces are affected and what the protocol is to remediate the mold.
-We will set up a containment barrier between the affected area and the non-affected area so that mold spores do not get spread around. Additionally, we'll run an air scrubber to clean the mold spores out of the air during and after our work.
-Not all mold is the same, therefore, some may be a hazard to your health and other types are just not good for the integrity of your home.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (315) 457-3432
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of North Onondaga County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of North Onondaga County has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- North Syracuse